I am a Senior Lecturer at the University of Auckland
I am interested in what aspects of neuronal circuits are important to process specific aspects of sensory information and to mediate specific behaviours. For that I combine comparative embryological, anatomical and physiological approaches within the theoretical framework of evolution. This allows me to answer the following questions:
1. What are the neuroanatomical modifications that accompany the acquisition of novel functions?
2. What are the physiological changes that accompany these modifications?
3. What changes in developmental programs allow these novelties to arise?
* Processing of auditory information in the brainstem
* Patterning of afferents in the developing rhombencephalon
* Evolution of vertebrate brains